Native parasitic wasps and flies (CABI, 2000)
- Praying mantis
Cultural and management practices
- Intercropping legumes with corn lessens the attack of bean fly.
- Mulching plants with rice straw and with cut weeds.
- Hilling-up or ridging of young plants 4-5 weeks after planting (CABI, 2000).
- Crop rotation with non leguminous crops.
- Avoid late planting if infestation is prevalent in the area. Plant at the same time as with the other farmers in the area.
- Plow-under all plant residues from the field after harvest.