- Brooklyn Botanic Garden. (1999): Natural insect control: The ecological gardener's guide to foiling pests. Handbook # 139. Brooklyn Botanic Garden, Inc. Washington Avenue, Brooklyn, NY.
- Chamberlin, T.; Callenbach, J. (1943): Oviposition of June beetles and the survival of their offspring in grasses and legumes. J. Econ. Entomol. Vol. 36.
- Hammond, H. (1944): The feeding habits of Phyllophaga larvae. Ann. Rep. Entomol. Soc. Ont. Vol. 71
- Teetes, G.; Pendleton, B. (1999): Insect pests of sorghum. Department of Entomology. Texas A&M University.
- University of Illinois Extension. (1999): Discovering white grubs during spring tillage preparation. Pest Management and Crop Development Bulletin. No. 2. University of Illinois Extension.